Round 3 results
Round 1 Champion: Cameroon
Round 2 Champion: Philippines
Round 3 Champion: Jamaica
Participating is easy and anyone can do it.
- No experience with mapping needed since the main activity will be tracing satellite imagery. Check out this video to see how easy it has become.
What data should be added to the map?
- The beauty of this effort is in the collaboration. Virtual participants will add non-specific data that requires no local knowledge but is easier to do with fast Internet. Volunteers on the ground will add details to the base layer that virtual participants have created.
- For this effort we are focusing on basics like:
- Water Sources
- Major Buildings
- You should not add data that is personal in nature, especially data specifying the exact location of a Peace Corps Volunteer.
What is OpenStreetMap?
- OpenStreetMap is a free, editable map of the whole world. All information added to the map is free for anyone to use.
- The main way that users participate in OpenStreetMap is by editing the map. With a free user account, you can make improvements to the map for everyone. Users help out by tracing roads and features via satellite imagery into the map.